During the winIDEA installation also the USB driver is installed. After powering the BlueBox, which is connected to the PC via USB, winIDEA shows errors, e.g. Communication Test fails.
When diagnosing USB communication related issues, it is advisable to check if the Ethernet connection is working. If it is, you can continue with possible causes below, because now you know that there is an issue with the USB communication.
1. USB device not recognized by Windows.
2. winIDEA doesn't recognize the device.
3. No driver available, USB driver installation failed.
4. Using older and newer USB drivers side by side.
5. Force USB driver deletion using CleanRegistry.bat or USB Deview utility.
6. Windows 7: Cabinet file corrupted.
If the above suggestions do not help, then clean up your registry before you proceed. To clean-up registry administrator privileges are required. After the clean-up install the drivers again; either winUSB or AsystUSB if you are using legacy debuggers.
AsystUSB driver is deprecated in winIDEA 9.21.34 and newer versions.
Sorry this article didn't answer your question, we'd love to hear how we can improve it.
Note: This form won't submit a case. We'll just use it to make this article better.