RCAR-S4 consist of ARM Cortex and G4MH cores. If you use an evaluation board you have to use different debug connector and change some switches.
1. Connect to CN1 debug port.
2. Adjust the switches:
Separate workspace for Cortex and G4MH cores are needed.
1. Create new workspace via File / Workspace / New Workspace for G4MH core. When selecting SoC, select R8A779F0 #R-CarS4 G4MH.
2. Make sure to add RCarS4_G4MH_ConnectToSoC.cpp script to
Hardware / CPU Options / Reset / Initialization before Programming /
3. (optional, if experiencing issues) Change security ID code from all Fs to all 0s in SoC page:
4. After download, flip the SRAM into code flash address space at 0x00000000.
Simulations debug of Cortex and RH850 cores is not possible.
Documentation for this device is not publicly available. For more
information contact Renesas or
iSYSTEM Technical support.
Sorry this article didn't answer your question, we'd love to hear how we can improve it.
Note: This form won't submit a case. We'll just use it to make this article better.