Company network policy can prevent connecting the debugger to the network via Ethernet cable. In such cases, follow the procedure below to directly connect the debugger to the PC's Ethernet port via Ethernet cable.
1. First disconnect the PC from the local network and connect the debugger directly to your PC.
2. Open Windows Network and Sharing Center.
3. Click on Change adapter settings.
4. In Network Connections double-click or right-click on the Local Area Connection to open the Properties dialog.
5. Double-click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
6. Adjust the IP settings in the section Use the following IP address.
IP address: 10.10.10.11
Subnet mask: 255.0.0.0
7. Go back to winIDEA, open Hardware / Hardware / Communication tab and change communication port to TCP/IP.
8. Click the arrow button. Your debugger should be listed in the drop-down menu. Select it and click Test to confirm that your communication is working.
Sorry this article didn't answer your question, we'd love to hear how we can improve it.
Note: This form won't submit a case. We'll just use it to make this article better.