You are using winIDEA version 9.12.225 or older on Windows 10 and USB communication failed.
1. Verify that you have firmware older than 31.5.2016. If that is the case, power off the debugger. Where to check if your firmware is up-to-date?
2. Download and open winIDEA 9.12.288. Download the legacy winIDEA build.
3. Power on the debugger.
4. Verify that the USB communication is established. How to perform the Communication test?
5. Update the firmware. See step 1.
6. Open winIDEA 9.12.225 and verify that the USB communication is working.
7. If USB communication is not working, verify if AsystUSB and winUSB drivers are both installed and defined to work with the same debugger.
8. If they are, then remove AsystUSB drivers. Refer to the topic Force USB deletion if you need help.
9. Restart the PC.
10. If it is still not working, delete both winUSB and AsystUSB drivers and clean-up the registry, restart PC and reinstall winUSB driver. Contact iSYSTEM Support to send you a link for driver installation.
If you are using winIDEA version 9.12.191 or older, then AsystUSB driver should be used.
Sorry this article didn't answer your question, we'd love to hear how we can improve it.
Note: This form won't submit a case. We'll just use it to make this article better.