Time between CPU Run / Stop can be measured with the RH850 Time/Performance Measurement Unit (TMU) plugin.
This plugin should not be used together with trace because both use the same event-triggering resource.
1. Open TMU plugin by selecting View menu / RH850 Time Performance Unit.
2. Click Options (Gear icon) in the TMU plugin or Hardware menu / SoC Debug Module to open Hardware tools dialog.
3. Select TPU PE1 tab.
4. Select Auto from the drop-down menu in Time Unit 0 section. Auto mode configures start and stop condition to the start and stop of the CPU.
5. Select Auto from the drop-down menu in Performance Unit 0 section.
6. Open the the On-Chip Debug tab and click Apply Current button.
7. Perform CPU reset before you begin with measurements.
8. Run the application. The measurements are displayed when the application stops.
The Advanced mode allows manual configuration of the CPU start and stop conditioned on different kinds of events generated by the CPU's On-Chip debug logic (execution watchpoints, data access watchpoints, sequencer events).
Sorry this article didn't answer your question, we'd love to hear how we can improve it.
Note: This form won't submit a case. We'll just use it to make this article better.